How are Emma records linked to Salesforce Contacts or Leads?
Emma for Salesforce creates records in Salesforce. These are then linked to a Salesforce contact or lead record. The linking process works by matching the email address in Emma to the one found in the standard Salesforce contact or lead field.
- If no match is found - the records we create are not linked.
- If duplicate email addresses are found - we match to the most recently modified record.
By using our import wizard, you can include the Salesforce contact or lead ID. When you do this, you can map the contact or lead ID to a particular field called Salesforce ID. You will see this as a mapping option within the wizard.
If you are adding the record for the first time
If the record(s) you are adding is not in Emma, then the process above is enough to link using the Salesforce ID.
The records are already in Emma.
If the records already exist in Emma, the process above still applies i.e., use the import wizard to update/add the Salesforce ID record in Emma.
However, as the record exists in Salesforce, there is an extra step. You need to perform a full refresh to recreate those records. The process to recreate records will detect the Salesforce ID and then use this to match.
This is the support article on the import wizard, but to help, I have put some key steps below:
- You are not limited to the standard email fields.
- You can create one or many imports on the same subscriber list.
- Imports can be a one-off exercise or scheduled for future runs
In this article