Central to the success of Beaufort 12 is our commitment to our clients. We honour without reservation our obligation to respect and protect the privacy of the personal information of individuals with whom we deal. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. The information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data which is reasonably necessary to provide you quality products or services:
1. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source,
length of visit and number of page views);
2. information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
3. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
4. any other information that you choose to send to us.
5. we do not store credit card details
2. How that information is used
We only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission. We may use your personal information to:
1. administer the website;
2. improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
3. enable your use of the services available on the website;
4. send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
5. send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
6. send to you marketing communications (including newsletters) relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be
of interest to you (however we do respect your right to ask us not to do this). We do not sell personal information to other organisations to allow them to do this;
7. provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; deal with enquiries and
complaints made by or about you relating to the website. We may disclose personal information to service providers who provide services.
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
4. to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any
4. International data transfers
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Access to and use of personal information within Beaufort 12 is appropriately limited to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping any password and user details associated with the use of our website confidential.
6. Keeping information up to date and accurate
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. Cookies are generally used on the Beaufort 12 web to:
8. Policy amendments
9. Your rights
You can contact us to request access to your information. In normal circumstances, we will give you full access to your information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If access is denied, we will provide you with the reason why.
10. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.