How can I change the sync user?
Campaign Monitor for Salesforce is an integration between two platforms. It requires a user from both to allow our product to work. Should one or both of those users change, you will need to update our sync settings.
- The sync will need to run against a user on the Salesforce side. We recommend a person with a system administrator profile.
- In addition, they need to have our full permission set this article shows how to add that.
- Finally, once the user has our full permission set, they need to be set as the Salesforce Sync User. To do this, click here to go to the sync settings page and click the icon next to the Salesforce Sync User.
If the Campaign Monitor user is no longer active, you will first need to set up a new full access user in Campaign Monitor. Once you have that you can use those details to reconnect Salesforce. Make sure that the new Campaign Monitor user has both full access is added to the same Campaign Monitor account as was originally connected. To reconnect please:
- To do this, click here to go to the sync settings page.
- There is a Sync Now button on the top right of the screen with a dropdown arrow.
- Once clicked, a sub-menu will appear.
- Click on Reconnect to Campaign Monitor
- Enter your new Campaign Monitor details.
When you reconnect using this method, only the authentication details will be removed from Salesforce. If you have multiple Campaign Monitor clients, then be sure to select them all when reconnecting (otherwise, the associated Salesforce configuration details such as import wizards, mappings, etc, will be removed from Salesforce for the client that was not selected).